If you are using a Windows machines the best way to access our MCAD servers is through the SFTP client FileZilla. SFTP, or Secure File Transfer Protocols, enable secure file transfer capabilities between two networked hosts. This means MCAD students and staff have the ability to access and upload large files to MCAD servers on non-apple machines.
The following servers can all be accessed through the FileZilla application:
You can download FileZilla (here).
- To connect to an MCAD server:
- Open FileZilla
- Go to Finder/File > Site Manager
- Click New Site on the bottom-left of the pop-up
- Enter server address (ex: department.mcad.edu) in the host field. Set Login type to Normal. You will login with your short MCAD username (ex: ssquarepants) and password.
- On the “Unknown host key” popup: Click “Always trust this host, add this key to the cache”
Once you’re connected, you can access and download files from the classes you’re entered in. Folders will be on the right side of the window as shown here:
For further assistance, please feel free to stop by the Help Desk.