These instructions are applicable only for source material created and mastered using an HD format- 720p, 1080p, or 1080i. The discs produced using the instructions below are only playable using a Blu-ray player.
1) Begin by exporting your finished piece out of Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc. The file should be a self-contained QuickTime file using the same compression and formatting that you shot or created the piece in.
2) Open the file in Toast Titanium 11
3) From the Video options, choose Blu-ray Video from the disc type.
4) From Menu Style, choose No Menus.
5) Make sure Auto-play and Play all items continuously are selected.
6) Set the Encoding option to Custom and a new menu should appear.
7) Click the Encoding tab from the popup window.
8) Set the options as follows:
* Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC
* Average Bit Rate: 22.0 Mbps
* Maximum Bit Rate: 25.0 Mbps
* Motion Estimation: Best
* Reencoding, Field Dominance, and Aspect Ration: Automatic
* Audio Format: PCM, Automatic
9) Click OK.
10) Drag and drop the exported video file into Toast.
11) Set the bottom-middle/left disc option to "BD-R" and the destination option to "Hl-dt-st BD-RE WH12LS39." *If this option isn't available make sure the external Blu-ray burner is turned on or try turning it off and on again.
12) When ready, click the red record button to begin.
13) Click the Record button from the popup window.
14) insert a blank BD-R disc into the external Blu-Ray burner. Toast will now burn the disc. When it's finished click the Eject button that will pop up.