Media Center Reservation System User Guide
The Media Center Reservation System can be accessed at https://equipment.mcad.edu
Log in using your MCAD username and password:
The Patron Dashboard displays your 10 most current Checkouts, up to 10 upcoming Future Reservations, and your 10 most recent Completed Checkouts:
Create a New Reservation
1. Click the red menu button on the top left and select "New Reservation" from the list.
2. Beginning in the upper-left, set the Reservation Start and End Times.
IMPORTANT - it is YOUR responsibility to set and remember your reservation start and end times! If you fail to pick up your reservation on or before your Start time the reservation will be automatically delated by the system. If you return your items after the reservation End time you will be fined a late fee.
Note: Reservation Start and End times can only be set for hours the Media Center window is opened. Setting either for a time the window is closed will result in an error message in the bottom-right. Clicking on this error icon will display what is wrong.
3. Once you have correctly set the pick up and return time, select the item or items you want to reserve. You can search for items through either the branching menu, or by typing in the search box.
4. When a resource type is selected from the menu, all resources of that type will appear in the center of the page with their availability status. To add an available resource, click the icon next to its name. The item will be added to your reservation and to the shopping cart icon in the upper right.
IMPORTANT! Media Center policy allows for the reservation and checkout of no more than one of many kits such as DSLRs, Wacom tablets, laptops, etc. If you attempt to add more than one of these restricted items the system will give you an error message and prevent you from completing the reservation until the extra items are removed. Example:
5. Clicking on the Shopping Cart icon will show you the full list of items you have added to this reservation. You can click the icon to remove an item from your reservation.
6. Optional: You can also choose to enter a Note (personal reminders to yourself) to this reservation by clicking the icon. Icon will update when notes are added.
7. Optional: You can choose to make this a Repeating reservation by clicking the icon. Repeats may be either Single Repeat (happens once again) or Multiple Repeat (ongoing for a set number of days or duration.)
8. When finished setting your reservation, click the Confirm button.
If the Confirm button is not available, the error icon appears. Click the icon to view the errors. Errors must be corrected to confirm the reservation.
Reservations must meet all policy criteria, patrons cannot have a Hold, cannot have an Overdue Notice, must have a Media Center usage agreement form signed and on file, and cannot have any Late items currently checked out. If any of these conditions are not met, the Reservation cannot be confirmed.
9. If successful, the system will inform you the reservation has been confirmed.
10. The reservation will now appear in the Dashboard as a Future Reservation.
11. Log out of the system when finished from the upper left red menu.
You will receive email reminders sent to your MCAD email address at the following times:
- Created Reservation: Sent immediately after you submit a new reservation. This email lists the items you reserved and your requested pickup and return date and times.
- Reservation Picked Up: Sent immediately after you visit the Media Center window and check out your reserved items. Lists the items you checked out and their return time.
- Checkout Return Reminder: Sent 2 hours prior to your selected Return Time - reminding you you have item due back and when they are due.
- Checkout Returned: Sent immediately after you return your items to the Media Center. Lists the items returned and any associated late items, if applicable.
- Overdue Checkout Reminder: If you have late items - sent 30 minutes after your scheduled Return Time - reminding you you have items due back that are now late.
Edit or Delete Reservations
Existing upcoming reservations can be edited from the Dashboard.
1. Login to https://equipment.mcad.edu using your MCAD username and password.
2. Under Future Reservations, click on the reservation you want to edit or delete.
• To Delete a reservation click the Cancel Reservation button. The system will ask you to confirm. Click Yes to continue and the reservation will be immediately removed from your account.
• To Edit a reservation, click the Edit Reservation button. The system will take you to the reservation tool screen. From here you can add additional items, use the calendar tools to change the pick-up or return times, or use the shopping cart tool to delete items from your reservation.
When finished with your edits, click the button. A pop-up message will confirm the changes have been made.