General Access Printing
All Degree-Seeking Students, Faculty and Staff with a valid MCAD login may utilize the following services. (Continuing Education students will receive an MCAD login and access to these resources depending on what course they are enrolled in. Access is then only valid between the beginning and end dates of the course.)
- Black and White Laser printers in the SB, Library, and Design Studio
- Color Laser printer in the Library
- Color Laser printers and Color Inkjet Print Stations in the SB
Payment for all services and purchases is handled through a user’s PaperCut account. All users with a valid and active MCAD Login have a PaperCut account. See THESE KB articles for information on accessing and using your PaperCut account and printing at MCAD in general.
Your account balance will carry over year-to-year until you withdraw or graduate (or as long as you have an official MCAD Login ID). If you have a balance in your account on August 1st, the $10 credit will be added on to your current balance. Once a student does withdraw or graduate, remaining account balances cannot be dispersed and will expire.
FACULTY/STAFF: Your personal PaperCut account will remain active as long as you are actively employed by the college. For adjunct faculty this means having a signed, processed contract on hand. Any remaining balance on your personal PaperCut account cannot be dispersed so you need to pay attention and use up your remaining balance before the account is shut off.
Special Access Printing and Scanning
Access to the Epson Inkjet printers and Imacon scanner in the Digital Print Lab in 317 may be granted during regular academic semesters - for completion of classwork ONLY - under the following conditions. (Epson prints made in the DPL are charged automatically through a user’s PaperCut account.)
- BFA/BSV Students - must be enrolled in a designated upper level photo, design, illustration, or comic art course.
- MFA Students - must have a concentration in print media. Non-print-media MFA students may be able to gain access by submitting a personal proposal.
- Non-photo MFA students may be able to gain access by submitting a personal proposal.
- TAs - Teaching Assistants for Media Arts courses may be able to gain access by submitting a personal proposal.
- Faculty - Access as needed for curricular use as long as it does not interfere with student usage. For personal work, a personal proposal must be submitted.
(Note: The Digital Photo Lab is closed for use during breaks between academic semesters)
Alumni may continue to use the Service Bureau for up to ONE YEAR after they graduate. All services will be performed by SB staff as ‘full service’ and charged for accordingly (this includes BW/Color laser prints or copies, Epson prints, Banner prints, scanning, etc.). For access, please complete THIS webform.