Video / Film / Audio
These instructions are to encode a compressed QuickTime movie appropriate for playback off a computer (such as in critiques). It is not appropriate for streaming web delivery/download or for archival purposes.
SDHC Cards or Compact Flash (CF) Cards
Making a disk image copy of a SDHC or CF card:
1. Insert your SDHC card either into either the computer's SD card reader (MacBook Pro laptops or iMacs) or into a USB Card reader plugged into the computer.
2. Copy the files off of the SDHC card. There are two ways to do this, with one being prefered.
These instructions are for the capture station equipped with an iMac and VHS/DVD deck in the library lab.
* Please use headphones while capturing.
* You may also need the Sony remote from the Library front desk when capturing from a DVD.
- With the sequence open, choose File > Export > Media
- In the Export Settings window pane, select:
- Format: H.264
- Preset: Vimeo HD
- Click on the file in Output Name to select a save-to location and to custom name the new video
- Click the Expo