These instructions are to encode a compressed QuickTime movie appropriate for playback off a computer (such as in critiques). It is not appropriate for streaming web delivery/download or for archival purposes.
Video / Film / Audio
- With the sequence open, choose File > Export > Media
- In the Export Settings window pane, select:
- Format: H.264
- Preset: Vimeo HD
- Click on the file in Output Name to select a save-to location and to custom name the new video
- Click the Expo
These instructions are for the capture station equipped with an iMac and VHS/DVD deck in the library lab.
* Please use headphones while capturing.
* You may also need the Sony remote from the Library front desk when capturing from a DVD.
SDHC Cards or Compact Flash (CF) Cards
Making a disk image copy of a SDHC or CF card:
1. Insert your SDHC card either into either the computer's SD card reader (MacBook Pro laptops or iMacs) or into a USB Card reader plugged into the computer.
2. Copy the files off of the SDHC card. There are two ways to do this, with one being prefered.