The City of Minneapolis is seeking to work with 20 artists from Minnesota to create the next generation of Minneapolis Art Wraps!
The Minneapolis Art Wrap program is a collection of pre-approved utility box wrap designs, that are used by neighborhoods and business districts to wrap their local utility boxes. The wraps began as a pilot program in attempt to decrease tagging and graffiti on the boxes, and has become very popular across the City of Minneapolis. The Minneapolis Art Wrap program was initiated by the Minneapolis Arts Commission with the goal of creating a vibrant city-wide gallery that celebrates the range and talent of creative artists living and working in the area. Art on utility boxes has made a big impact on communities, and the City is eager to welcome and share this next generation of Art Wraps.
We are encouraging artists at every experience level to apply. This is a great way to have your work be seen in the public realm and across the City of Minneapolis as a form of temporary public art. This is also a great way to get experience applying for calls from the City of Minneapolis.
- Call for Artists – Minneapolis Art Wraps
- Who can apply: Artists who live in MN
- Experience: all experience levels
- What: Utility Box Designs
- Theme: What makes Minneapolis unique?
- How Much: Selected designs will be awarded $1,100 single design, $2,500 for a suite
- Application Deadline: July 2nd , 2019
Please feel free to contact me with questions!
Public Art Coordinator